Monday, August 9, 2010

The Beginning of a New Chapter

Hey folks! Welcome to my blog. Some of you may be wondering what exactly to expect on this page. To prevent disappointment, keep your expectations low... However, I will do my best to make regular posts. In terms of expectations, I myself am not sure exactly what this experience will bring but I will tell you a little of what I know. I am spending ten months at a Norwegian Folkehogskule, registered in an outdoor education program. It's called Valdres Folkhogskule and it's just west of Lillehammer. You can check it out at http://www.vintereventyr.no/ if you like. Basically, I'm spending a year learning Norwegian, skiing, climbing and the like. I am staying in residence at the school but much of the time (over 100 nights) will be spent in tents or under the stars. That's about all I'll tell you for now, I'll fill you in as the year rolls out.

I am currently relaxing at Grandpa and Shirley's in Sechelt with the whole clan, and we are heading to Calgary from here for my flight to Norway on the 12th! Mom and Dad are kicking me out as soon as they can, I happen to be leaving on the day of my 18th birthday! My bags are packed- mostly, my plans are set to visit relatives in Denmark and Norway when I get there, and I think I'm ready to start school on the 22nd. My skis have been sent over with Great Uncle Vivian, from Denmark, and my bike is en route with Canada Post. All that's left to go is me! I'm not too nervous yet, I don't think, but I am waiting with anticipation. My next post will be from Europe!

3 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic time, Hans! What an amazing experience. We can't wait to hear all about it and follow your blog. Happy birthday and safe travels!

    Love from your cousins,
    Amy, Jon, Gray, Coulter, and Fletcher Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip Hans! We are excited for you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We love you!

    Dave, Kirsti, Eliana, Leif and Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fantastic year, Hans!! We also wish you a very happy 18th bday, as you travel to Europe!! We look forward to reading more from your blog. Big hugs and lots of love, Ben, Debbie, Eli and Finn

    ReplyDelete