Friday, November 5, 2010

WE HAVE A WINNER!

A belated Happy Halloween to everyone! I’m afraid it seems to come and pass without any tricks or treats here in Norway. And now that the 31st is past, I’m pleased to announce that this post will reveal the winner of www.hasfeldt.blogspot.com’s very first online contest! First, a thank-you to everyone who participated! As promised in the contest rules, I now award each one of you the satisfaction of having done your best! And now for the grand prize!

The judging panel has put forward what seems to be a fairly clear winner; only one contestant correctly answered all five questions (although there were some close runner-ups). There has been some low-key debate concerning matters of eligibility, but careful review of the fine print has allowed us to determine a rightful winner.

To refresh your memories, I am pleased to award the contest winner with a “genuine Norwegian postcard”. I must admit I am slightly disappointed with the results, as postage to a Norwegian address would have been much cheaper.

But enough of that, let’s get to the business!

The correct answers are:
1. The picture is upside-down. This can be determined by comparing angles;
   the reflection shows less of the waterfall than the real image.
2. I knitted the toque, carved the spoon, and cooked the meal.
3. My side is the right; you could have determined this by the guitar and
   by the Habs jersey in the far corner (although I would understand if you
   were to assume my room mate is also a fan).
4. The photograph pictures a mug of hot chocolate, reflecting the inside of
   a Norwegian “lavo” (a type of tepee). I stayed in this on my riding trip.
5. This is a view over Leira, a municipality in Valdres. The picture is
   taken from the top of a cliff, where I did some climbing earlier this
   fall.
Click here to take another look at the photographs.

And the winner is… Henrik Asfeldt!

I’ll have to edit the eligibility criteria for next time to make it a little more interesting.

In any case, well done Dad! If I can find your address, you’ll have a postcard arriving shortly!

And just for kicks, here’s another photo! This time, feel free to enter answers as comments to this post.

PA270078
What is the object at the centre of the photograph?

No comments:

Post a Comment